We Solve Legal Problems

You can file a claim for workers’ compensation benefits

| Jan 7, 2015 | Workers' Compensation |

You know that workplace accidents at construction sites are some of the most dangerous. They can result in amputations, neck and back injuries, repetitive injuries and other painful situations that leave you badly hurt. Your workplace needs to have machinery guards, safety education and maintenance schedules to make your job safer; when these safety arrangements aren’t completed, then you’re at risk of being injured.

Workers’ compensation is in place in New Hampshire to make sure you’re protected when you get hurt. Workers’ compensation is meant to pay a percentage of your weekly income along with your medical bills, so an injury won’t mean that you get swamped in debt or can’t afford to feed your family. In most cases, claims are obvious enough that they should be approved. However, if yours is denied, you may have to take legal action to get the money you deserve.

You need to file a claim if your compensation isn’t being awarded, and you’re suffering from an injury and medical needs. You don’t need to worry about filing a claim, because your employer is not legally allowed to retaliate against you if you decide to do so. If the fault lies with a third party, you may be able to seek compensation from a subcontractor, manufacturer of a defective product or other person responsible for your injuries.

Filing a claim should be easy, but if someone is making it difficult for you, you still have options. To learn more about what you can do if your claim has been denied or if more than one party is responsible for the injuries you’ve suffered, take a few moments to look over our webpage on workers’ compensation.


Share This