If you want to ride your motorcycle in New Hampshire, you need the right permit or motorcycle license. It's very important to get it before you get on the road, no matter how proficient you believe yourself to be.
To do that, you need to take a driving test. The following tips can help you ensure you pass:
- Test all functions on the bike prior to the test. For instance, make sure that the brakes and the turn signals work. Go over the bike carefully to get it ready to ride.
- Study the rules of the road and the road signs. Yes, many of these rules apply to driving a car as well, and you probably already have that license. However, if it's been a while since you took that test, it does not hurt to refresh your memory.
- Get there early. Aim to arrive at least 10 or 15 minutes before the scheduled test.
- Practice often before riding. Even just practicing parking in the driveway can help significantly. Never just assume you can pass the test. Go over the basics often so that you feel confident when you actually start.
- Listen carefully. Your instructor is going to walk you through the test, and you need to follow their instructions to the letter. Pay attention. Keep your cellphone off. As long as you're taking the test, do not allow yourself any distractions.
Passing the test helps you prove that you can drive safely but remember that even the safest drivers still get injured in accidents caused by others. If this happens to you, make sure you know how to seek financial compensation.